Asian Style Crab Cocktail
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro stems, coarsely chopped
- 3 lbs Byrd backfin or lump crab meat
- 1 1/2 to 2 tablespoons finely chopped peeled fresh ginger
- 1/2 cup fermented fine-quality soy sauce
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar or cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
Bring 1 1/2 inches of water to rolling boil.
Add cilantro stems, place jumbo lump Byrd Jumbo lump crab meat into a rim fitting steamer and lightly steam meat to absorb cilantro flavor. Remove from heat and set aside. Cover loosely with foil.
Combine fresh ginger root, soy sauce, sugar, and cilantro- water, vinegar, and salt in a small bowl until sugar and salt are dissolved.
Serve crab meat warm, with dipping sauce. Garnish with edible flowers and rice noodles.